Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Empower yourself with your passions

I have not posted in quite some time now. My SO came home from the military about 4 weeks ago and I have been spending every waking moment with him. Being in the military, you are stripped down to nothing but your bare necessities and you live with that because everyone is in the same position as you are. What would happen to us if we were all stripped down to our bare necessities? What type of people would it make us? In the movie "I Am Legend" with Will Smith, he is all alone and has access to anything he could possibly want as there is no one there to keep him from taking anything. Maybe if we were in that type of situation, we would take the things that we only truly loved and not spend so much time on the things we fancy only a little. In the past year I am learning to stop wanting things just for the sake of wanting them. I have tried to reprogram myself to only go after the things that I truly love and am passionate about and I am finally beginning to succeed. I do not need 20 dresses if I will only wear my 5 favorite ones and I do not need to eat dinner out every night if I love my SO's cooking better than any restaurant. You feel empowered when you make a conscious choice to do only the things you truly want to do.

No comments: