Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sunless tanning tips

Along the way I have found a few things that work well for me.

Exfoliate! If you have ever had a salon exfoliation, you will remember how soft and silky your skin felt afterwards. You want to achieve that at home. I recommend exfoliating twice with a gentle exfoliator the first time you use sunless tanner.

Lotion up your hands with regular lotion...your hands will not absorb as much of the self tanner so you can wash your hands without all the heavy duty scrubbing. Sometimes I mix lotion with my self tanner to help it spread more evenly. It is especially helpful if you are new to self tanning as the color will not come out as dark until you are better at spreading the self tanner evenly.

Feet!! Feet are hard to do. I cover my feet in lotion before I apply self tanner to the rest of my body. When the rest of my body is done, I apply a tiny bit of self tanner all over my feet. People always say only tan the tops of your feet because the sides do not get sun naturally but if you are not careful to blend it well into the sides, you will end up with a beautiful tan on top then completely white on the sides! In my opinion, this is more tell tell than covering the whole foot.

Hands..in the past, I have always had white hands because I wash my hands after the whole apply tanner process. Now, I wash my hands then put a tiny bit of self tanner on a cotton ball and blend into my hand. A makeup sponge will also work. Go light around the knuckles and fingers...

Good luck with your sunless tanner!

No comments: